- Events, Contingents & Contingent Leaders
- Other Opportunities
- Australian Scout Events and Visiting Australia
- International Scouting in Australia
- Pen-Pal Program
- SISEP - International Exchange Program
- International Competitions
- Fundraising, Grants & Scholarships
- Resources, Forms & Links
- Contacts in Australia
- Scouts Australia National website
International Scouting in Australia
Being part of a world-wide brother and sisterhood is really exciting. You don’t have to leave Australia to feel part of it. You can participate in international Scouting right here at home! There are plenty of options, and here are just a few ideas:
- The 2012 Scouts in Action Week theme is International Scouting! This is an exciting opportunity to join together with Scouts from around Australia and celebrate International Scouting in your local Group. Scouts in Action Week will provide a database of great ways to educate and inspire Scouts around Australia about the Scouting world beyond our shores. Visit to website to register and find out more.
- SISEP (Scout International Student Exchange Program) – Why not host a Scout from overseas? Contact your local SISEP Co-ordinator
- JOTA & JOTI – Meet and talk to Scouts from all over the world, either over the internet or using radios. Click here to go to the JOTA/JOTI page
- Have an 'Around the World Night'. “Visit” lots of countries and find out about Scouting in that country. You can do some activities or even try some food. You can find out about National Scout Organisations from around the world on the website of the World Organisation of the Scout Movement: http://scout.org/en/around_the_world/countries . You can also find out all about the regions of the World: http://scout.org/en/around_the_world/
- Have an 'International Cooking Night'. Cook up a storm and try out some famous international recipes! Each Six or Patrol could cook a different dish. Google has many great recipe ideas.
- When you next run an international Scouting activity, make sure you go to www.scout.org to check out the terrific resources that are available. There are videos, books and other information about how Scouts are making a real difference around the world. Let our Scouts understand how service occurs in some countries and that we really are the peace movement that Baden-Powell desired.
- Check out the International Resources page on this site
Want to do International Scouting and do some badgework?
We are in process of identifying some activities that Joeys, Cubs, Scouts, Venturers and Rovers can do.
Have some more ideas on International activities?
Got a great activity that you ran at your Group/Mob/Pack/Troop/Unit/Crew? Have you already mapped some international activities against your Section Award Scheme? Please email them to us so we can include them here for everyone else to use!