- Events, Contingents & Contingent Leaders
- Other Opportunities
- Australian Scout Events and Visiting Australia
- International Scouting in Australia
- Pen-Pal Program
- SISEP - International Exchange Program
- International Competitions
- Fundraising, Grants & Scholarships
- Resources, Forms & Links
- Contacts in Australia
- Scouts Australia National website
JOTA-JOTI Registration and Weblogs
JOTA-JOTI GLOBAL REGISTRATION AND WEBLOGS AT WWW.JOTAJOTI.ORG
Registrations open a few weeks before JOTA-JOTI
It is important that you register your Group's participation in JOTA and JOTI at the global facility set up by the team at www.joti.org with support of the Radio Scouting team and ScoutLink.
BENEFITS OF REGISTERING
- Access to the Contact Database so you can search for people to contact.
- JOTA-JOTI Validation Cards.
- Participation Certificates.
- Weblog – make your own JOTA-JOTI weblog to share your experience with others (intended for Groups, not individuals).
- Yournick@jotajoti.org email addresses are available for the JOTA-JOTI weekend. This safety feature saves you having to give out your personal email address.
- Every Scout/Group registering get their JOTA-JOTI DB "user name" as a registered nickname on ScoutLink IRC servers. When connecting with their "user name", they have to identify at ScoutLink nickserv with the same password they used at JOTA-JOTI DB.
- If you already have a ScoutLink nickname it will be available to you at the JOTA-JOTI registration – you can use your ScoutLink nick and password to register.
- JOTA-JOTI Contacts on Google Earth
- JOTA Logbook available for download complete with participating stations database.
- Select location of station from map. (A lot of scouts do not know how to get the latitude/longitude of their station. Click the "Select location from map" link during registration and an additional window with a map will be displayed. With a simple mouse click the latitude/longitude will then be entered.)
- Scouts Australia can use the registration numbers for reporting on JOTA-JOTI.
HOW TO REGISTER
Visit www.jotajoti.org/community/ and follow the instructions. If you are already registered with ScoutLink, you still have to register at JOTA-JOTI, but you use your SL nickname and password – it has been reserved for you. Registration opens a few weeks before JOTA-JOTI.
JOTA participants can register their JOTA station at the www.jotajoti.org database. Registered JOTA stations will be exported into a stand-alone JOTA Radio Logbook program for Windows which has been specially designed for JOTA. When you enter a JOTA call sign it will give you the Group name and the location. It shows the location of the station and your station on a map, including the distance.
** IMPORTANT ** JOTA participants must register their station EARLY to be in the JOTA Radio Logbook database.
STATE / REGIONAL ARRANGEMENTS
If your State/Regional JOTA-JOTI arrangements require registration or log-sheet reporting, please comply with those arrangements as well. Look out for newsletters, announcements and website changes for this information.
The weblog is available to everyone who registers at www.jotajoti.org as a Group. Your Weblog shows the world how good your JOTA-JOTI activity was, so do make an effort to fill in as much of the log as you can.
Tips on making your weblog:
- Have your photos ready. Make sure they aren’t too big (there is an 8MB total limit, so downsize your photos before you upload them).
- Have your station information to hand, including numbers attended and contacts made.
- Complete every section of the weblog - there is a set of buttons on the left for each section.
- DO THE PERSONAL INFORMATION LAST - IF YOU DO IT FIRST IT WON’T BE SAVED. Funny way to do it, but that's how it is.
The information about your activity contained in the Group registration details and the weblogs can be downloaded by the State and National JOTA-JOTI Coordinators. This will help them write their report to the Chief Commissioner, and the report for WOSM about Australia's participation in JOTA-JOTI… another good reason for putting quality information in your weblog! And of course you have an online Blog so you can show off your activity.