- Events, Contingents & Contingent Leaders
- Other Opportunities
- Australian Scout Events and Visiting Australia
- International Scouting in Australia
- Pen-Pal Program
- SISEP - International Exchange Program
- International Competitions
- Fundraising, Grants & Scholarships
- Resources, Forms & Links
- Contacts in Australia
- Scouts Australia National website
Community Aid and Development Projects
For many years Scouts Australia has participated in community aid and development projects around the world. Some projects are ongoing, with teams returning every year, and others are one-off projects. In each case, the main goal is the same - “to help other people”.
With a focus on environmental, health or social issues, these projects usually appeal to older Scouts, Venturer Scouts, Rovers and Leaders. In many cases there is a need to work closely with overseas governments and aid organisations. The planning and organisation of these projects can often be a joint effort between Scouting and the partner organisations.
In 1999 a Rover was deployed with the Australian Youth Ambassadors for Development in order to develop the Scouting program in Vanuatu. This proved to be the catalyst for a sustained period of growth of Scouting in Vanuatu, and the NSW Branch has continued to support Scouting there through a series of initiatives.
Read about Scouts Australia in the Vanuatu Daily Post!
- Australian Venturers here to develop local Scouting programs (09/01/09)
- NSW Scout Commissioner meets Vanuatu Scout Chief (21/11/07)
- Living and learning the Scout way (05/10/07)